4 Individual Treacle Tarts Recipe To Share
A great British classic, treacle tarts are the perfect winter warmer when served with proper vanilla ice cream and a light dusting of icing sugar.
This recipe makes 4 individual treacle tarts so you can eat 2 today and leave the other 2 till tomorrow!
But then again, you may have friends over, so I guess you’ll have to share.
A bit rude otherwise!
If you want to make more tarts or a larger one, try using my recipe converter.
I first came across this idea in by Mat Follas but changed the recipe slightly to suit my purposes. It’s a lovely book with some beautiful recipes and photographs of classic afternoon tea food recipes.
The recipe uses shortcrust pastry to line the four .
How to bake your treacle tarts recipe
- 150g Cold Shortcrust Pastry
- 85g Fresh Wholemeal Bread Crumbs
- 250g Golden Syrup
- 1/2 a Lemon: Zest & Juice
- 1/2 tbs Ground Ginger
- 1 tbs Double Cream
- Ice cream and Icing Sugar to decorate
- Pre heat your oven to 160 degrees centigrade
- Split the pastry into 4 and line the pastry cases, pricking the base with a knife and bake for 10 minutes on top of a baking tray
- In a bowl mix together the bread crumbs, syrup, lemon juice and zest, ground ginger and cream to form a gluey paste
- Take out the pastry cases when baked and leave to cool.
- Carefully pour the treacle mixture evenly into the four pastry cases. Do not fill right to the top.
- Place the filled cases on their baking tray into the oven and bake for 25 – 30 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool completely. Be careful as they will be extremely hot.
- Dust with icing sugar and serve with ice cream or pouring cream.
Looking for something to Bake next?
You can’t go wrong with a classic Victoria Sponge filled with cream and fresh fruit, or maybe some simple shortbread biscuits are more to your liking.
Either way, give them a go and let me have your thoughts. It’s great to stay in touch as many people are now suggesting various cakes and bakes recipes that I should write about.