Video: Soft, Buttery & Melt-in-the-Mouth Shortbread Biscuit Recipe
With a scattering of Demerara Sugar, these shortbread biscuit rounds move to another level in taste.
I love any shortbread biscuit. Especially when they are small and can be enjoyed with a cup of tea between meals.
Watch The Video To Learn How To Make Shortbread Biscuits:
[video_lightbox_youtube video_id=”qwSsWYO4l-Y&rel=false” width=”640″ height=”480″ auto_thumb=”1″ alt=”How to make shortbread biscuits: Video recipe”]
- 150g soft unsalted butter
- 40g icing sugar
- 200g plain flour
- 50g cornflour
- 1 tbs milk
- Demerara Sugar for sprinkling
How to Bake Your Shortbread Biscuits
- Pre heat the oven to 180 degrees centigrade
- lightly butter two baking trays
- in a bowl, cream together the butter and icing sugar
- mix in the cornflour
- sift in the flour and mix thoroughly
- add the milk
- bring together into a ball and tip onto worktop
- mould and roll into a cylinder and using a sharp knife cut into 1cm widths
- if needed, mould into a circle and place each biscuit onto the baking tray
- Sprinkle with Demerara Sugar
- Bake for about 18 minutes in the centre of your oven
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool before placing in an airtight container.
Have you tried baking chocolate shortbread? This recipe is also perfect for biscuit lovers and so easy to do, so why not give this a try as well?
If you want to make more or less biscuits then use my recipe converter to help you.
I first saw this recipe for shortbread biscuit in one of the first books from The Great British Bake Off. I think this was the first book published called [amazon_textlink asin=’0718157117′ text=’The Great British Book of Baking.’ template=’ProductLink’ store=’simplebakesan-21′ marketplace=’UK’ link_id=’c28e4753-0da1-11e8-88f8-79d542c84380′]
Please Get In Touch
Let me know how your bake goes and if there are any other biscuits you’d like to have a go at baking. I would really appreciate it if you could share this post on Facebook by clicking below.