VIDEO – A Tangy Passion Fruit Curd Recipe With Meringue Nests
This passion fruit curd is a fantastically tangy and devilish addition to a meringue nest.
It will give you a burst of fruity zing that compliments the sweet crunchy meringue, perfect for any occasion and really easy to make.
The secret is to slowly cook the passion fruit curd over a low heat which can mean stirring it constantly for approximately ten minutes.
If you cook it too quickly the egg yolks may curdle and leave you with a lump sauce.
So don’t rush it.
Video: How to Make Passion Fruit Curd
[video_lightbox_youtube video_id=”A2PZ4GhD_xo&rel=false” width=”640″ height=”480″ auto_thumb=”1″ alt=”How to make passion fruit curd: Video recipe”]
Passion Fruit Curd Ingredients:
Makes two meringue nest fillings…
- Fruit and juice from 3 passion fruits
- 1/2 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 50g caster sugar
- 2 eggs (whisked)
- 75g unsalted butter (chilled and diced)
- 100ml Double Cream
- 2 meringue nests
How to make Passion Fruit Curd Meringue Nests
- Sieve the contents of three passion fruits into a saucepan, leaving some of the juice and the pips for later decoration.
- Add the lemon juice to the saucepan
- Add the sugar
- Add the whisked eggs
- Mix altogether with a wooden spoon until well combined
- Heat the saucepan with a very low heat
- Add butter
- Whisk thoroughly and constantly for about 5 minutes until mixture thickens. Do not be tempted to raise the heat if the process takes a little longer as this will probably result in your mix curdling. So, slow and easy, but keep whisking!
- Once thick enough, remove from the heat and leave to cool.
- Whisk the cream in a separate bowl until stiff peaks
- Spoon the cream into each meringue nest
- Pour over the passion fruit curd
- Decorate with the left over passion fruit juice and pips
- Now, enjoy!
Let me have your comments on this tasty treat and please share with your Social friends.