A Moist Lemon Drizzle Cake Recipe
This beautifully moist lemon drizzle cake is so easy to make. It uses the all-in-one method, meaning all the ingredients are simple tipped into a food processor bowl and mixed together or mixed by hand in one go.
It really is that simple.
What’s The Size of Your Lemons?
This recipe makes a luscious 20cm cake but if your baking tin is larger or smaller try using my recipe converter to help you get the right amount of ingredients.
This recipe is originally from The Great British Bake Off book.
How to Make The Lemon Drizzle Cake:
- 200g unsalted soft butter
- 250g caster sugar
- 3 medium eggs mixed
- zest of 2 lemons (finely grated and unwaxed)
- 250g self raising flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 100ml milk (at room temperature)
How To Make A Crispy Torte Lemon Topping
- 100g caster sugar
- juice of 2 lemons
- zest of 1 lemon (finely grated and unwaxed)
- Pre heat oven to 180 degrees centigrade
- grease a 20cm springclip baking tin
- Put all ingredients into a mixing bowl and beat with a wooden spoon or mixer on low.
- When you have a smooth creamy mixture pour into the baking tin and place in the oven.
- Bake for approximately 1 hour or until a skewer comes out clean when pierced into the centre.
- Take out of the oven and mix the sugar with the lemon zest and juice.
- Pierce the cake top with a skewer and pour on the topping and let it soak in.
- Leave to completely cool then release the cake tin and serve.
Another great bake is the classic Victoria sponge. Again, it is simple but oh so tasty.
If you love chocolate, take a look at my easy homemade brownies recipe.
As I said this really is a simple to bake cake but it is so tasty. Give it a go and let me know how you get on. I would really appreciate it if you could click on the Facebook SHARE button.