A Lemon Cheesecake Recipe That Will Bite Back!
This lemon cheesecake recipe is designed to add a bit of zing to your dessert offering.
Like all baked cheesecakes it does take time but is well worth the effort.
It’s very easy to bake and is very satisfying when you see your family and friends cut into this zingy lemon cheesecake.
The basic principle is the same as baking a basic cheesecake but with a couple of extra ingredients and the addition of a tangy lemon curd topping, which can be shop bought or – as can be seen below – is very simply to make yourself.
Watch the Video to Learn How to Bake a Lemon Cheesecake Successfully
What Size is Your Cheesecake?
This recipe makes 1 x 20cm Lemon Cheesecake. To make a different sized one to suit your baking tins refer to make recipe converter to rescale your ingredients.
For The Cheesecake
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Juice of 1.5 lemons
- 170g Granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 500g soft cream cheese
- 150ml Double cream
- pinch of salt
For The Cheesecake Base
- 150g Ginger biscuit
- 16g Light brown sugar
- 40g soft butter
For The Lemon Curd
- Zest 1 lemon
- Juice 1 lemon
- 75g unsalted butter
- 50g Caster sugar
- 2 egg yolks
How to Bake The Cheesecake:
- Pre-heat the oven to 160 degrees centigrade
- Boil a kettle of water
- Crush the biscuits either in a bag with a rolling pin or in a blender.
- Melt butter in saucepan and add the soft brown sugar and crushed biscuits. Stir until combined.
- Grease and line the base of a 20cm spring form cake tin and wrap the outside edges in silver foil.
- Tip the base mix into the cake tin and spread evenly till flat. Leave to cool.
- Mix all the ingredients for the cheesecake in a bowl adding everything one at a time and mixing thoroughly.
- Tip into cake tin and spread evenly
- Place into a roasting tin and move everything to the bottom shelf of the oven. When in place tip the kettle of water into the roasting tin to create a bath. Don not splash the water into the cake mix.
- Bake for about 1 hour and 20 minutes till just set. Switch off the oven and leave to cool with the oven door open for about 1 hour. Then remove from the oven in its bath and leave to thoroughly cool. Once cold place in a fridge to set overnight.
How to Make The Lemon Curd
This will take at least ten minutes so be patient otherwise your eggs will curdle!
- Melt the butter in a saucepan on a very low heat
- Add the sugar, lemon zest and lemon juice and mix
- Add the egg yolks
- Stir until the curd coats the back of a spoon – approximately 10 minutes. The leave to cool.
- Once cold, spread evenly over the cheesecake and serve.
Take a look at this lemon cheesecake to see if you would prefer a more sturdy thicker base.
Please Share or Like the video and let me have your comments, thanks.