Luxury Flapjacks With Cranberries, Pecan Nuts, Oats & Chocolate
This flapjacks recipe is a version of one found in this superb book by Masterchef UK winner 2009, Mat Follas. The book is called Afternoon Tea at Bramble Cafe and contains all the classic recipes that you would expect to find in a stylish coffee shop or tea room.
This recipe makes a perfect accompaniment to your daily cup of tea as they are easy to bake and store very well in an airtight container for at least three days.
Flapjacks Recipe Ingredients:
- 500g whole rolled oats
- 250g unsalted butter
- 250g brown sugar
- 4 tbs Golden Syrup
- 100g Chopped pecan nuts
- 100g Chopped dried cranberries
- 100g dark choccolate
- 1 tbs honey
How To Bake
- Pre heat the oven to 160 degrees centigrade
- Line a 30cm x 20cm baking tray with parchment paper
- Place the oats, nuts and cranberries into a bowl and mix
- In a saucepan, gently heat the syrup, butter, honey and brown sugar until melted
- Stir together then pour over the oat mixture.
- Fold together and when well combined tip onto the baking tray and press level.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for approximately 20 minutes
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool completely before cutting into rectangles whilst still in the tray.
- Melt the chocolate in a bowl over steaming water, spoon into a small piping bag and drizzle over the top of the bars.
What To Bake Next
I love the coffee shop culture, hence why I make so many cakes and bakes you would expect to find in your local coffee shop.
A nice one to follow this tray bake is a classic Victoria sponge cake which is so easy to bake and can be decorated in so many ways.
Let me know how you get on and please SHARE this recipe by clicking below.