Video: A Luxurious Raspberry & Chocolate Cupcake Recipe – Perfect For Valentines Day
Such a dreamy dark chocolate cupcake recipe that is perfect for your Valentines Day dinner or any other event where you want to spoil someone rotten.
It really is a superior cupcake with a melt-in-the-mouth silky chocolate frosting.
As you bite into this mini chocolate cake you’ll also get a tang of the raspberry filling which is just enough to compliment the richness of the dark chocolate.
Another dessert to impress is my silky smooth basic cheesecake – maybe you could try that on your second date!
To Make The Chocolate Cupcake
[video_lightbox_youtube video_id=”lY-C1vYpzRY&rel=false” width=”640″ height=”480″ auto_thumb=”1″ alt=”How to make chocolate cupcakes: Video recipe”]
Pre heat your oven to 180 degrees and line a 12 hole cupcake tin with cupcake cases.
- 185g Plain Flour
- 50g Cocoa Powder
- 3/4 tsp Baking Soda
- Pinch of Salt
- 113g Soft Unsalted Butter
- 200g Granulated Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 120ml Semi Skimmed Milk
- 120ml Hot Water
- Raspberry Jam
- Sift into a large bowl the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt
- In a separate bowl beat together the butter and sugar
- Beat the eggs together in a cup and add to this the vanilla extract, now add to the butter & sugar
- Tip all the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix together
- Add the milk and hot water. Fold everything together to make a smooth mixture but do not over mix.
- Using a large spoon pour the mix into your cupcake cases.
- Bake for approximately 15 minutes
- Remove and leave to cool.
- Cut out the centre of each cake with a knife and spoon the seedless raspberry jam into the hole, then replace the cake section.
To Make The Cupcake Frosting
- 150g Soft Unsalted Butter
- 150g Icing Sugar
- 25g Cocoa Powder
- 120g Dark Chocolate (70%)
- 2tbs Double Cream
- Beat the butter and half the icing sugar together
- Mix in the cocoa powder
- Boil a pan of water and place the chocolate into a glass heat proof bowl and place on top of the saucepan. Leave to melt at a low temperature, then take off the heat and leave to cool slightly
- Add the double cream to the dry ingredients
- Now pour in the melted chocolate and mix
- Sift in the remaining icing sugar and mix
Spoon the frosting into a pipping bag with a large rose icing nozzle. Swirl the frosting over the top of your cakes and store in a dry container. If you do not have a pipping bag simple spread the frosting with a knife and try to smooth it across the top of each cake.
if you’re quite sure how to use a pipping bag check out this lovely blog.
How to Make More Cupcakes
If you would like to make more or less chocolate cupcakes use my recipe converter to help you get the right ingredient sizes.
If you liked this recipe, why not try my sumptuous chocolate brownies – they really are special!
I would love to hear from you so comment below and let me know how you get on.