Mary Berry’s Chocolate Brownies Easy Recipe (Warning – Very Tasty!!)
This really is an easy chocolate brownie recipe, that’s so moist, chewy and gooey. These homemade brownies will make you a very popular person!
This moist brownies recipe is from Mary Berry’s new book called “Classic”.
Unlike Mary Berry’s brownies, I have replaced the muscovado sugar with light brown sugar and added a touch of honey, only because I didn’t have it in the cupboard!
Muscovado sugar has a sweeter, wetter and nuttier flavour compared to my ingredients but the end cake still tastes fantastic.
- 250g unsalted butter (cubed) plus extra for greasing
- 350g dark chocolate (70%)
- 300g soft brown sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 75g ground almonds
- 1 tbs honey
Watch The Chocolate Brownies Video…
So, Let’s Bake an Easy Chocolate Brownie…
Pre heat your oven to 160 degrees centigrade and line a 23cm x 30cm baking tray with silicone paper. If you have a larger or smaller cake tin use my recipe converter to help you get the right quantity of ingredients.
How to Make Mary Berry’s Chocolate Brownies
- Heat a pan of water and place a heat proof bowl over the top.
- Break the chocolate into pieces and place into the bowl along with the cubed butter to melt. Stir and take off the heat once melted.
- In a bowl, whisk to combine the eggs, soft brown sugar and honey
- Slowly add the melted chocolate
- Fold in the ground almonds until all is thoroughly mixed
- Pour into the baking tray and place on the centre shelf of your oven.
- Bake for approximately 35 minutes
Once baked, take the chocolate brownies out of the oven and leave to cool. Sprinkle with icing sugar and cut into squares whilst it is still in the tray. These chocolate brownies can be eaten straight away or frozen until another day. If you fancy having a go at baking a cookie recipe I have one that is very grown-up, with large chocolate chunks and almond pieces – it is lush! If you are looking for a Vegan Chocolate cake here’s a great recipe.
Comment below and let me know how you get on. Also, please SHARE this recipe so your friends can have a go at baking this fabulously rich chocolate brownies recipe.